Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The City of Angels


My foot is asleep. pins and needles. 

So, here we are up in L.A. We have been here for about 2 months now and well, routine has kicked in. Daniel goes to school Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. He works full days on Monday and Friday, and some how manages to squeeze in all of his homework. I am now involved with the Seminary Wives Fellowship on Wednesday night, which has been such a treat. It's been fun meeting the Professors wives and meeting great godly girls from all over the world! Also, there has been an amazing transparency in all the women, which was incredibly refreshing to see. I can't wait for tomorrow night because I'm in charge of decorating the refreshment table. I love making things pretty:)

Speaking of getting involved- not even 2 weeks had Daniel and I been up here that he got an email invitation asking if I wanted to join in the New Gospel Choir!!! Of course I jumped right in. We had 4 rehearsals total and then we were put in the spotlight at the Fall Women's Event which Joni Eareckson Tada spoke at!!! What an amazing event that was and what an exciting experience to be on stage with 70 other believers praising God through such fun Gospel music. I found such joy in singing to Him in that moment!!! 

When we find time to hang out with each other we have lately been in Explore Mode. Since there are a billion freeways that criss-cross through LA we just pick one and see where it takes us. A few weeks ago we took the 118 West and we got all the way to Ventura! We found ourselves in Malibu another time. We checked out Burbank, the village district is cute and fun. Explored Hollywood BLVD and Sunset BLVD and found a coffee shop that is to die for. Amazing food and the best lattes ever!!!!!! Oh and Santa Monica is tons of fun!!! 

L.A. is a hard city is many aspects. Just from observing it seems tough, closed off, difficult. L.A. has the highest amount of homeless people out of all main cities in the U.S. The last post was about 73,000 people. It's the vainest of cities I have seen. Inappropriate billboards plaster the cities buildings and freeways. Idols of alcohol, sex, and drugs are contantly in your path when walking down the street. It's sick. One night Daniel and I walked down Hollywood BLVD to look at the Chinese theater and the hand prints in the cement. We hung out for about an hour or so, when we got back to the car and were starting to drive home we both said how we felt dirty, like we had just walked through a thick dust cloud of sin. Hollywood is drowning in sin- so much so that mentally we felt sick/dirty because of the amount of sin that is thriving there.  I'm not sure if I'm getting my point across, but the bottomline is there needs to be a light placed in that darkness. Daniel and I want to get a group of people together to street witness down there. Hollywood is a black hole for the spiritually lost. I want to be part of God's work.. I want to be available for Him to use my hand to pull these people out of Satan's eternal black sinful hole. And to then show them Christ and let His light shine in their hearts! 
God is good. God is sovereign.

To Him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by His blood,, and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve His God and Father- to Him be glory and power for ever and ever. Revelation 1:5-6


No comments: