Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Missing Autumn


Another day in, another day out. 

Wednesday....


I(Vanessa) am meeting up with the ladies tonight as usual. I still have to do my reading! However, I thought I would sneak in a little blog entry first!

Daniel's Dad just left our place from visiting for a 1/2 a night and a 1/2 a day. He went with Daniel to check out the Old Testament class at the Seminary. Quite the interesting class, but also quite the LONG class. 7:30- 11:30. That's a long one especially when you have to wake up at 5:30!
Been there, done that. 

Last Saturday- I threw the Pumpkin Patch Party! It was  BYOP (ahem, bring your own pumpkin) good times. I served up a hot pot of Chili for all- with all the makings. Friends brought cornbread and pumpkin bread!! Spiced Apple Cider filled the room with cinnamon, clove, orange, and apple. Drop cloths were dropped on our living room floor... we all gathered around, scooped out the orange goop insides and seeds! Then slowly our pumpkins began to emerge into full blown created personalities. Heart shaped eyes with big puckered lips, a dinosaur, an angel, a goofy face, Kung-Fu panda, a maple leaf, and an owl! 
It was good to get back into those childhood traditions. October came alive to me again... especially now living in a place where Autumn never comes. I took on the task of creating it in our little one bedroom apartment. I was satisfied. Now if only there was a crispness in the air, goosebumps running up the spine from a chilly gust of air, smoke found in the distance from a neighbor burning the fallen leaves, chimneys puff puff puffing away, golden-bronze, and ruby leaves dancing on the wind when looking out the window that has been fogged up by a warm breath.  I miss Autumn. 

No comments: